Frequently Asked Questions
This page provides answers to commonly asked questions related to the course.
- What is an open course or MOOC?
- This is explained more completely in the Course Introduction, but in short, an open course is open to the public and anyone may sign up to participate.
- How much time will it take me to complete this course?
- Each module in this course should take between 20 and 90 minutes to complete, and course completion is self-paced (though we have provided suggested completion dates on modules and assignments to facilitate interaction).
- Do assignments have due dates?
- Suggested due dates for assignments are provided in the course Calendar.
- May I complete assignments and modules early?
- Is late work accepted?
- Yes, late work is generally accepted as long as it is submitted prior to the last day of the course. However, you will get the most out of the course by completing assignments on time, because this will allow you to interact with other learners as they are working on the same assignments.
- Is this an official course?
- Yes. This is an official University of Idaho continuing education course, but in order to receive university credit, course completers must submit the optional enrollment form and pay the registration fee. A reduced fee of $60 is available to Idaho educators.