Open Text Library
This library provides links to some open educational resources created by educators in the state of Idaho. Unless otherwise stated, all texts are provided under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 3.0).
Using the Open Text Library
All texts in this library are licensed under a Creative Commons license. Please check individual texts for variations on the license.
|Textbook||Teacher Authors / Remixers||Available Formats *|
|Print-Ready Textbooks in a Variety of Subject Areas||Various||
** Start Here **
|U.S. History||Lyn M. Story, Deborah A. Tierney, Roman Vasquez||Google Drive|
|Biology||Thomas Leachman, Karlin, Cyrinia Lockart, Kristin Delp||iPad PDF Web|
|Chemistry||Amy Chase, Rachel Evans||iPad PDF Web|
|Earth and Space Science||Roberta Matousek, Connie Boyer, Eric Holscher, Charles Smith, Stephanie Lower||iPad PDF Web|
|Life Science||Soona Schmidt, Sue Kirking, Kelly Norwood, David Kronemann||iPad PDF Web|
|Life Science Glossary||iPad PDF Web|
|Physical Science||Mike Renzelman, Abagale Pottenger, Mandolyn W. Garcia-Ruiz, Collin Roholt||iPad PDF Web|
* Note: Web formats may not currently be available.
Grade Level Texts
Subject Area Texts
Arts / Humanities
English / Language Arts
- Institute 1: Elementary ELA
- Institute 2: Secondary ELA 1
- Institute 2: Secondary ELA 2
- Institute 3: Integrated Writing Grade 5
- Institute 4: Secondary ELA
- Anne of Green Gables
- Informational Text Anthology for 11th - 12th Grades
- Open Poetry Reader for 2nd - 3rd Grades
- Open Poetry Reader for 6th - 8th Grades
- Institute 1: Elementary Math
- Institute 2: Secondary Math
- Institute 3: 6-7 Mathematics Resources
- Institute 4: Math
- Institute 1: Elementary Science
- Institute 3: K-1 Next Generation Science Standards Resources
- Institute 4: Science 1
- Institute 4: Science 2
- Institute 1: Elementary Social Studies
- Institute 2: Secondary Social Studies
- Institute 4: Social Studies
Sharing your Texts
To share your own texts through our Open Text Library, simply share your Google Drive folder so that "Anyone with the link" can view the folder's contents, and send your link to Dr. Royce Kimmons at email@example.com.
If you would like options for printing classroom sets of any texts in this library, please contact Dr. Royce Kimmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative Commons License Documents
Open the document below that matches the Creative Commons License you would like to license your work under. Once open, click "File" then "Make a Copy". After the copy is made, move it to your PLC folder.